Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Why do you crave their approval?"

I feel like I'm constantly trying to prove them wrong.
I'm always trying to be better and always trying to have nicer things than them.

And I've got so caught up in it, that I'm starting to feel like I'm losing whatever state of mind I used to have. I'm sure it's just a phase. But I don't want to lose the things that make me great, for people that I don't really care about.

The things I have and the way I am, is just right.
I refuse to change for anyone from now on. I never used to. But when I'm around them I don't listen to the music I want to listen to, or talk about what I want to talk about.

The few times during the weekends that I've been around them, I don't even look at them as anything great, personality wise. And I don't even care to have conversation with them.

Thank you for teaching me what you taught me last night dad.
Why do I always want prove to everbody else that I am the best?
The people that are in my life, the people that matter, already think I am.

No comments: