Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Matthew and David

The last few nights I've been going through old photo albums, and watching old home videos. I miss childhood.. I miss you guys. It's weird not having anybody at the house anymore. Just me.. Dad and Susan are always here, but all they do is stress lately. And I'm sick of hearing about it.

I miss the way we would all look out for each other, and the way we'd cover for each other when we'd sneak out of the house. It seems like all through out your high school years I would ruin things for you guys by getting you in trouble all the time. And around that time, you both hated me. I was the typical annoying little brother. I really wish I could take back all of that.

But seeing these pictures reminds me of the younger version of both of you.
And I remember exactly how you were. David, you were a genius for your young age. You were hurt by the pressure dad put on you, and you broke free from all of that and did the things you loved. Even if dad didn't approve of it. Matthew always in the spotlight. And hell, he grew up with the spotlight. He was perfect in dads eyes. The sports.. That's really what it was all about for my dad. But as a kid, Matthew was never like that. He was just.. Normal. I don't even know.

Watching the home videos shows how innocent both of you were. And seeing David going through hard times really gets to me. Being able to hold on to these pictures, and these memories keeps me sane in this house.

I miss our old house, and I miss mom living with us.
I love you guys for the way we stuck together through the divorce.

But I miss having both of you around more than anyone else knows.



1 comment:

Molli said...

This made me sort of sad. But it kind of made me realize that I love my two sisters more than anything.