Thursday, October 16, 2008

A smile that explodes

I can't even keep track of how many times my dad has said to me that I'm a terrible person. He's wrong. My mom would never say anything like that to me. Sometimes I wonder why I've spent all of my life with my dad.. and not my mom.

I hate today, and I hate this week
For once I actually want some alone time.

I haven't talked to my mom for a week.
Which is one of the reasons I'm so upset lately.
It seems like I'm looking through our pictures and watching our videos every other night. I think about it everyday. And listening to the song A smile that explodes, gets to me everytime.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's funny how we're both dressed in our night clothes. But that's alright.

I'll remember that night for the rest of my life.
Going to the lake, rolling down the windows in the truck and playing music. I still crack up everytime I watch that video where you were dancing and almost fell into the water. Or when I think about how much you and Walt would make fun of how much I suck at driving a stick shift. And how much I don't fit in with the lifestyle of living in Pierce.

I'm sorry I'm not there with you, mom. You're my best friend, and I miss you.

I'm just gonna stop here.

No comments: