Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stranger

I notice myself constantly saying, "They don't like me"
Or, "I don't like them" Even when me saying "They don't like me" is most of the time a guess.

I do it just in case if they really don't like me, I won't be disappointed.

This morning I realized how much I hate being around people that don't have anything good to say about anybody else. I was with Michele and when any of my friends would walk by, or sit by me, she'd make fun of them. When Katy sat down by me, she even called her a slut out loud. Which was ridiculous. And in the library, when Bryant walks in, she says something about him too. She doesn't even know them. And she knows they're my good friends. How old are we? Twelve?

I would like to be able to say "The people that make fun of everybody are just insecure." But that's not even the case a lot of the time. Talking trash about people happens. It starts conversation sometimes, I guess. And I've noticed a lot of the time, people just do it when they're uncomfortable.

Today during third period I sat and talked to a lot of people that I've always thought of as people who didn't like me. But when I actually talked with them, we got a long fine. And that was a good feeling.

Mostly what I've learned from today is,
I'd rather go through life loving everybody, and thinking everybody loves me, instead of worrying about who accepts me, and who doesn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I'm glad I saw your link on flickr because I needed to read this. I've been thinking a ton about the same thing, but I hadn't figured out what to do yet...
that last paragraph was like, "o hai, that's a good idea!
So thanks, haha.