Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Add to the list of all the places we hate

Tonight is one of the reasons that I know that we are both ready to get out of this town. You need to escape this more than anything. And no, I don't want to leave to escape anything, but what thing that we do have that's mutual about our wants for leaving Eugene is because we both want to feel something new. I can't even remember the number of times I've sat on the phone with you while your mom is screaming in the background. You'll set down the phone and I just hear it continuing. She always comes in when we're in the middle of talking about something good. Which seems to be her pattern of doing things, coming into the middle of good things to ruin whatever she can. I hate her for the things she says to you so much. There have been so many times where I want to hang up on you just so I can call her and yell out the things I was holding in the whole time listening to you two fight.

This has always been a usual things for us, having to laugh off everything she's saying. Things that could hurt us so bad, but we chose to ignore. Her saying, "I'll call Michaels dad and tell him what your father's doing to me. He'll listen. I'll tell him what he did to Michael's mother."

That's one thing I hate her for so much. It's either, "I know what happened to Michaels mother." Or it's, "I know what Michaels mother did to them." and then she yells, "She left them." The worst thing anybody could ever say to me is something about my mom. You don't touch that. It's not your fault she says all of these things, and you don't have to feel guilty for it. Nothing she said tonight made sense what so ever. And I hope that those things, the ridiculous things she said tonight do not eat away at you. And I hope you know that nights like tonight, when you're in your room reading, and she's screaming and crying and throwing things downstairs, telling you about ending her life, you can always call me and I'll grab my car keys and be right out the door to pick you up in my car with the heater on and music playing, and a blanket for you in the front seat. To take you to dennys where we get hot chocolate and talk for a couple hours. You are always safe here, you're always safe with me.

No comments: