Monday, November 30, 2009

And all the lights that lead the way are blinding..

I miss the way I felt when I first started loving you. When that's all that I felt. And there was nothing else. It's weird thinking back on it, how separated we were forced apart. And how bad we wanted to break it. I would be so excited to get home to call you, just to hear your voice. I wouldn't sleep because I didn't ever want to hang up the phone. I remember nights when Erick would drive me to your house and we'd park outside and wait in the car for an hour until you could sneak out. And how excited I was to be in the back seat with you. It was so unreal when I could actually see you. I felt so many things at once. Everything was brand new. After we'd drop you off, Erick would drive me home, and the whole way back I'd talk about you. I couldn't stop. The next few weeks, when I couldn't see you, I was still so happy from just one night of being able to see you. And you never left my mind.

I loved sneaking you into my house. I remember the first time I asked you out.. Erick was asleep on the couch across from us in my room, and we were laying in my bed. I'd wake you up to a kiss, and then when you would fall back asleep I'd just pretend to. The whole time I was so nervous to ask you. When I woke you up again, and said it, you said "Yes.." and we laughed quietly and you said, "Finally." And then we fell back asleep and I couldn't stop smiling. When you left that night, I couldn't fall back asleep. I felt so alive.

There was a feeling rushing through my veins that I had never felt before and I never wanted it to stop.

No comments: