Sunday, November 1, 2009

I don't want anymore reasons

My whole weekend I looked for ways to get you off of my mind, but really ended up doing the complete opposite. I even ended up talking about you with people I didn't even know. And it hurt because no matter how many times I tried to distract myself, you would always show up again.

I could not outrun you.

Your phone call was the hardest part of my night. And I know you're sorry, but I won't forget the way I felt hearing you laughing in the background while all those other guys were talking on the phone. At that second, I did not know you at all. I went through days wanting just to hear your voice, one time, and through that phone call it was different. The tone of your voice and everything. It was a side of you that I had never seen come out. I was outside of the party, and at that point I just wanted to turn around. When we got in, it was the last place I wanted to be. I kept picturing you with them. It made me feel sick. Just for one night, I wanted to enjoy myself, and fall asleep with out you on my mind. Only thinking about things that made me feel better.

I know you've always been impulsive. But I hope you really do learn to put some control on that. I hope you really do realize that you do not have to hurt me to move on from me. You don't have to hate me first. And I promise, I won't play this game back. You don't have to be afraid.

I know pain is a natural part of this whole process, but the kind that's created is not.

1 comment:

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.