Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To remember

Over the summer at my Aunt Kris' house in Washington, my mom saw me writing in here. She says, "What is that? What are you typing?" I explained to her what this is, and what it means to me. I told her that I've been writing in here since the beginning of high school and that each post, to me, shows my growth. How I want to be able to look back and read all of this one day. I write in here because sometimes it's easier to spell it out than it is to say to anybody else. I write in here because it helps myself. And she said, "I wish I could read it. I wish I could know what's been going through your mind for all the years that I've missed out on."

Tonight I sealed a huge folder envelope filled with every page written on here, up to today, and tomorrow I'm mailing it to her. Because sometimes phone calls just don't say enough.

1 comment:

sdnyfilips said...

i wish there was a like button for blogs..