Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Below freezing

"You're doing horrible in school your room is always trashed. You are never home. I don't trust you. I'm not gonna let you move into the new room we built because you'll just destroy it. You can never do the things I need you to do, right. You're leading your life in the wrong direction."
"Well thanks for giving me a chance. I know the way I'm living isn't right, but I plan to change that for myself. I'm changing that for myself right now."
"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get a call from school either absent or tardy, every single day. Your grades are terrible. You're not going to graduate. I don't know what you're planning on doing, but you better start making better choices."
"I don't understand anything I'm learning when I show up to my first period class. Whenever I show up I feel like such a failure. I hate my bad habits so much, I want to break them so bad. I can't make myself wake up on time, ever. I can't make myself sleep, ever. Whenever any of us are at a low point in life you never try to understand. Anything that you can't live by, you don't try to understand, or motivate us to do better. To remind us that we can do it. You can't accept it so you don't know what to do with us."
"What does that have to do with you not taking pride in anything?"
"So much."
"What's a low point for you? Every single day."
"That's the thing, you see me as a failure. You will never be able to pay attention to the good things in me if there's other things in my life that aren't perfect. You don't pay attention to the person I've become, and the fact that you only bring out the bad person in me. You don't pay attention to the fact that I've learned maturity and am working on my own and making my own money.. To you, if everything isn't right, then it's all wrong.. You try to give me your life to the point where you make me feel like mine isn't right."

"The problem with you is every single thing that I do good in, you want to be able feel it's your success. Every single thing I fail in, you want to fix. You want control over all parts of my life."

"It's hard to believe for yourself when you feel like the people that should the most, don't. I don't understand how you could ever lose faith or trust in your own kids.."
"You have to earn trust and then that starts to happen. When you quit lying. Once you can gain back my trust, then maybe we wouldn't have any problems. Once you prove to me that you can put your life together.. then maybe you can have the things you want."
"I'm not going to go change all of my life and my problems so I can switch into a new bedroom. I'm not ever going to put my life into order for you. It's not as easy to just jump away from all of my habits, just for you, right once you tell me to. You never see my progress and think what you see is all I am. You never trust anyone. Even when things are good with us, I mess something up once and your trust is gone all over again. I don't want to fight for my own dad to love me or trust me or understand me. That's not how it works.. and if that's how it is for you, I don't want to try anymore."

No comments: