Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Way Streets

You never really know how comfortable you are with a group of people until you're thrown into an uncomfortable, or difficult situation. And I love how true that proves to be every time it happens.

We've all developed this sort of bond. We know what to say when things get tense, we know how to put each other in better moods by saying something stupid. When we get in the car we unlock the door in the back that never unlocks on its own. We play the songs that we know we all like. We go places to eat that we all agree on. We give each other an extra dollar when we're craving something to drink and running low on money. When we're around other people I realize how much alike us three have grown to be, because we find the same things funny. We point out and make fun of the same things. We get used to our normal driving, and then we get into a car with reckless drivers and it's the funniest thing ever to watch your guys facial expressions when we drift corners. It's a nice feeling having you two with me when we're with people that we're not normally with. And even though these are all little things, it's what makes our friendship feel secure, no matter what, always.

I'm so happy to have you guys.
And tonight when my shitty car broke down, instead of complaining about how much the ford taurus sucks, you guys tried to help me get it working again, walked with me in the cold to the nearest gas station, and tried to push start the car (even though that only works on stick shift cars, which I recently found out) But that's what's so great about us. We pull through for each other in annoying situations like that. And not once did you guys make me feel guilty for taking about two hours out of the night trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the situation.

I don't know how to explain how much I appreciate that.
Thank you.

Happy 17th Avieta!

1 comment:

Michael Fitzgerald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.