Monday, February 16, 2009

And thats where I come in

The thing I like about being friends with you is that you never tried to impress us when you first met us. You didn't change anything about yourself, and it didn't take any time for you to be comfortable around us.

I liked that for once, tonight, I actually had conversations with you that helped me get to know you more as a person. I love this part of friendships the most. The beginning. It feels good to put my trust into people, because right now, I think they all know what to do with it.

I love my friends.

I think I'm finding the perfect balance. I'm letting other peoples happiness reflect in myself. And more than anything else, I just want to feel it all around me. And I'm glad to admit that respecting my dad, has made me feel so much better. Tonight he told me he appreciates me, and that was really nice to hear.

I'm feeling more secure than I have ever felt before, and I really mean that.
Maybe not so secure with some of the people around me, but for certian with myself. And just because you lose trust in one person, it doesn't mean you have to keep it away from everyone else that tries to get close to you. Because really, I think I'm smart with who I let in and with who I let go of. I think up to this point, if anything, I've gained more trust for people. Everyone seems so much more comforting than the person before. And I keep comparing, and thinking how lucky I am to have the ones that I have now. I think about the people that have destroyed my trust and think about the things they've done, and when I look at the people I have now, I know it's something that won't happen.

I just hope I make everyone as happy as they make me.

No comments: