Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Two thousand and nine

I don't think anybody understands how excited I was for tonight, or understand how pissed off I am right now. Right now, I could be at one of the parties. Right now I could be at the rave with Bryant and EP. Right now I could be with Stephanie for the last time this break before she leaves for Portland. And right now I could be starting off the new year, having fun.

But my rides don't have their cars.
And parents aren't letting them go out.
And sneaking out isn't possible with out a ride.
And things would be so much easier if I had my car.
I went downtown and bought new clothes for tonight. And my dad took me to the bank so I had money for tonight. And in a couple hours I'm gonna be getting texts messages asking where I am, or what I'm doing. And in the next couple days I'll see all the pictures of everyone else having fun.

But when 12:00 comes around, I'm here by myself.
So I guess my resolution for 2009 is to relive all of the nights that I've been stuck at home because of how far away from the city I am. My goal for 2009 is to never have these quiet nights. I'm not a homebody. I never have been.

Not even my dad's awake. The house is dead silent and I hear fireworks outside. I'm going to make sure I never feel this low again while everyone else is out having the time of their lives.

This is embarrassing.

Happy new years.

No comments: