Friday, September 25, 2009

When the roof caved in

"When do you get off?"
"I'll be here until 10:30"
"Are there any parties going on tonight?"
"A couple"
"Do you think you could ask your brother to get alcohol and I'll go pick it up?"
"Nah, he won't. And I don't want to ask"
"K guess I'm just going home tonight then, there's nothing else to do"
"Really? Nothing else? What are you doing tomorrow night? Lets hang out"
"Nicks party for his 18th birthday, are you going?"
"No I wasn't invited, we don't talk anymore. We plan to hang out, but really it never happens"

And then it's 10:30. And I'm off.

"Where are you? What are you doing?"
"Going to Jonathons party, are you off? you should come"
"I don't wanna show up alone, I think I'll pass"

The conversations dropped, I switch to someone else.

"What are you doing? Are we still hanging out tonight?"
"We're going to smoke with Alex. You should come"
"I don't know Alex. I think I'll pass.."

None of my friends can come up with anything else to do, but when I think about it, if we were doing anything else it would end up being one of those nights where we all call it a night and go home. I had a half an hour between the time I got out of school and the time I started working to relax. All through out my shift I kept thinking about what I wanted to do tonight. I'm now sitting at home on my bed, counting my tips, and eating food. I'm really used to being alone lately. I'm used to being let down with my plans that I make. I just wish for once someone told me what the plan is. I want to be picked up, and taken wherever. I don't want yes or no options anymore.

No comments: