Thursday, September 10, 2009

Alive to watch it all, the view from our last summer

It's the last day of my summer break and I'm sitting in my basement listening to songs that remind me how good this summer really has been for me. I'm stuck here becaues my cars below empty. I'm broke. And I work in two hours. And tomorrow, I start school. Senior year. This summer wasn't everything I expected, infact it was everything I didn't expect. I've found so much these past three months that have completely spun my world into a different direction. I met people that I never thought would become such a big part of me. And I had times that I will never, ever, forget. I won't forget all the times spent at the rockslides with my best friends. Or sleeping in tents in backyards. Nights spent parked in parking lots talking. And days spent laying in the heat for hours by the pool. I don't want this to end. Even if I know tomorrows the starting of so much more.

I'm scared. Because after graduation, where are we all going to be? Where is everyone going? Where am I going? All of these summers we've had since we were young, was this the last one together? Our last summer young? Moving forward is scary. Especially when you feel like it's impossible to slow it down.

'We trace the sun across the sky
And we laugh till we cry
Always so hard to say goodbye.. Goodbye.'

2 comments:

Cammisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cammisha said...

You've made my summer one of the most memorable summers of my life.

You're a perfect best friend and I love you so much.