Friday, September 25, 2009

Bleaching your teeth, smiling flash, talking trash

Showing up at Jacobs house tonight was the last thing I expected myself to do. It was just a bunch of people that I don't care to know, or people that know me very well but can't even give a smile in return. It probably doesn't help that I came with people that I don't trust. I didn't see why I even said I'd go. I didn't want to be with them. He walked up to us and said, "Are you guys having fun? This is my party. You guys are at my party." He walked over to the bar table he has in his upstairs living room and I remembered the time when he threw a pillow at me and it missed and hit and broke his dads bottle of tequila instead. I remembered how awful that night turned out. How much his dad cared about a bottle of tequila over his words he threw at his son. I pushed him through that night. I looked into his room and saw the small doors that opened into his attic and remembered the time when we smoked in there after stumbling home from some girl Danas house. Everything got really weird. I started feeling weird being in his house again but not talking to him. And seeing him with all of his new friends that "run our senior class." I pushed my way through all of them. I walked three floors down, each floor, remembering something else. I put on my shoes, grabbed my keys, and left. And I was thinking, "Maybe that was the last time I'll ever be in that house again."

No comments: