Monday, September 28, 2009

Fire and Rain

The feeling of standing by my car saying goodbye is a very familiar and difficult feeling to feel. I remember one night, maybe it was the last night of summer, I know for sure it was close to the end. We were standing in the middle of the street in front of your house. You barefoot. And me with my keys in my hand. I said, "When September comes around are things gonna go back to.." You interrupted and said, "No." And then I get in my car, and I drive away. And I knew that tomorrow I'll see you again.

But tonight was different. Everything around me was blocked out. It was just me and you. And the concept of time was questioned. It was freezing out. But I couldn't even pay attention to my senses. I tried spilling out everything that I needed to say to you. I rehearsed it in my head over and over while I was at work. And it felt like I only had one time to say it. I don't know how to be forced away from you, again. I wish that I could make an impact on you're decisions, just this once. But then I started to feel like everyone else around you trying to guide the way they want you to go. So I stopped. And I tried my hardest to see the way you do. And I wanted to help. I hope I helped.

Just promise me that tomorrow when you wake up, and my optimistic words start to seem so unrealistic, that you'll remember that you have to push your self through it. Prove it to yourself. You're stronger than you think. And remember, you're doing this for you. And nobody else.

No comments: