Sunday, November 9, 2008

You won't know

I had a really good weekend. Is it even possible to explain how happy I am?

My dad was right. It really is sad how we're both happier when we're away from each other. This weekend really made me realize how much I love my step mom. I had a crazy night on Friday and I was out until 4:00 in the morning. We showed up at my house, called Susan and asked her to come unlock the door. And then, "Hey. Sorry, but could Bryant and Andrew stay the night?"

She didn't even hesitate. She said yes immediately and that's something my dad would never do. If I did something like that with my dad there, he would ground me for months. The next morning she was still in a good mood. She didn't say yes to them spending the night because she was half asleep, she said yes because she really didn't care.

My dad comes home tomorrow night. And I don't know if I should feel excited or not.
I've talked to him a couple times on the phone this week and the conversation was really.. dull.. Like he was only calling because he thought he should.

I'm not really sure how he feels about coming home, either.

No comments: