Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Let the rain of what I feel right now, come down"

More than anyone else, my family makes me the happiest. I'm most comfortable around my moms side of the family. I love my Aunt Kris. I love Ashley and Jessica, Uncle Bobby and Aunt Theresa. I love Grandma Maryanne and Aunt Linda. Being around all of them is just comfortable to me. With my dads side of the family it's so different. I'm so uptight and it feels like I have to put on some type of act.

I love my aunt Kris' house. I could stay there forever.

This weekend really brought me close to my brother Matthew. It's like I got to really know him all over again. He was my ride up to Washington. He drives like a crazy person. But that's okay, because that's more fun.

The traffic was bad, but I really didn't mind. I like car rides. I liked the fact that the traffic made the drive longer, because the drive was relaxing to me. We sort of just sat in silence listening to the loud music, but it really wasn't uncomfortable. I like the fact that we actually try to be nice to each other now. He dealt with my phone going off just about every minute, and I forced myself to not complain about having to listen to his country music the whole way up there. We never said anything about it either. I liked that he started to play music on his iPod that I actually liked after a while. I've grown to love the song Into the Ocean. If I heard it at any other time, I probably wouldn't of seen it as anything special. But I guess I just love some songs because of the moments they remind me of. I have a new appreciation for the song Only God Knows Why, and I've grown to have a tolerance for Tim McGraw songs. Music can really connect you with people. And peoples taste in music can really show you the type of person they are.

The trip was nice. Not long enough.. But nice.
I already miss everyone. Every time I leave from seeing my mom, and come home, I lose a little bit more of myself. It was really hard to see her cry as we drove off.

I am so thankful for my family.
I love you all.

No comments: