Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And it's true that fear is the heart of love

Last night before a couple hours of tossing and turning. I read over our message one more time, and I fell asleep feeling better. Waking up was the hard part. Going through today was the hard part. But I keep fighting to remember that it's okay to feel like this. I don't have to pretend I'm okay. I don't have to push this away, at all. Because it's real, and it happened.

"I just want to know how do you let go of something you don't want to let go of, something that you thought you've always known."

"Why do you feel like you need to let go?"

"Because I don't think I get it back this time. I don't think I can go back anymore."

"there are a lot of questions I could ask, like if you love her, and if you feel like you need her...or if you feel like part of your happiness depends on her being around. it just depends. If you really feel like you need to let go, then do it. it's not about knowing how, it's about making a conscious decision to do it. a lot of people skip that step."

"It's really hard. Because I feel everything you described. I do feel like I need her. It hurts because she said "there's no reason for falling out of love, it just happens" She destroyed us, and I feel like next she will destroy me.
And I'm all I have left."

"michael, you're allowed to love her without being around her. it's just a different kind of love. love what you had and what could possibly come. keep positive thoughts. that really is so important...because the more you look at it as a bad thing, the more it will hurt, and harder it will be to move on. as important as I believe love is...the love for yourself is far more important. love yourself and let go if you really feel like it's what you need to do. take care of you right now."

And what helped me the most..
"do not be afraid of feeling lost or confused or scared.
because if you work it out in the end, it will only make it better.

but,
...Never be afraid of the things you love."

No comments: