Saturday, May 2, 2009

Solo Impala (take the money and run)

I have a thick wallet
But hardly any free time to do anything on the weekends..
I mean, even my sundays, I'm working all night.

I get off work, and then have a couple hours until every one ends the night.

I keep repeating over and over in my head what Mon said last night
and keep getting more pissed off about it.
"So for summer working plans.. You're going to be in Eugene most of the time?"

Goodbye to a long trip in Idaho, seeing my mom.
Goodbye all the roadtrips I planned.
Hello to only having three days out of the week free.

I have no bills to pay. I am sixteen. I don't have any money responsibilities yet. I took this job to feed my hunger for my expensive living taste. It's deceiving. You get the money, and then all of a sudden all of the things you desired aren't as appealing as they were before. It's so easy to get sucked in to believing money is all you need. I'm chasing it, and missing out on plenty of things that I'd like to be in on, and it's only my third week of working.

So let me try to find the good in this..
What exactly am I working for again?..

1 comment:

Hilary said...

You will be glad you have a job later. You never know what might happen to the money your parents have. Mrs. Crisalli told me and Danielle about a girl at sheldon whose parents suddenly got fried from their jobs and she had to move across the country. So this money could help you if they suddenly can't pay for new clothes for you, or college, or anything else. Just be sure to save it up!