Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's all based off of you

I will always remember the time when Matthew and I ran through the neighborhood, chasing after your car as you left driving home. It hurt everytime, it hurts every day. I will always remember you telling me about the first time you dropped me off at day care and sat outside and watched me at the playground and cried. Because it was so hard for you to give me away to anyone else. I keep in mind all the times that you walked in the rain a couple miles away from your appartment just so you could call us on a pay phone. Not even knowing if we'd answer or not.

When your appartment burned down you lost everything.
And you started out a new life with nothing to carry along with you.
You met people that told you that you could trust them, and they took everything you had. You went into a relationship with someone who told you that you were nothing. And you left. You went into a relationship where he told you that he was more important than your kids, and you left. You believed in someone that didn't believe in you and you left. You've taught me everything I know about loving yourself. You've made me feel more important than anyone ever has. It took so long for you to get where you are now. I am so happy that you're happy with your life. I wish you could get out of that town. I wish money wasn't an issue.

I was never angry at you for leaving. I know it's what had to be done. I know that you couldn't be the perfect house mom any longer. It was hard when you were so sick because of what those doctors did to you. It upsets me so much that David's going through the same thing, but won't listen to you when you're trying to help. It still amazes me that I can't think of one time where I was actually angry towards you. I'm sorry that you can't even get a phone call back from your own son, when you try to every day. I don't understand it. And I hate that you've gotten to the point where you've just grown used to it.

What I'm trying to say is you're the strongest person I know.
What I'm trying to say is you deserve to hear from David every once in a while.
What I'm trying to say is I miss you.. So much. Every day.

No comments: