Thursday, May 21, 2009

Got your chin held high, and you feel just fine, cause you do what you're told

I wish I were as close to you as I was when we were thirteen so I could say something or ask how you're doing.

You've always been known for your good looks. And I remember you always telling me how much you let yourself get caught up in it. Blonde hair, tan skin, bright blue eyes, and bleached white teeth. I'll always remember you telling me how we're all secure until we get around other people. I remember you loved yourself. You were always good enough, you met your standards even when everyone else tried to say you didn't meet theres. All through out your life you have had people try to destroy you. You've had so many people tell you that you aren't real, including me, and I remember ending things so terribly with you in eighth grade. I'm sorry for that. We were young. We were dumb. Looking for a flaw in you is pretty hard to find. You looked so great before. And I just wonder what you see in the mirror now. You don't have that smile that you used to have. I don't see the energy that used to come off of you. And those are just observations based off of the couple times that we pass by in the halls, which is saying something.

You're always under every ones eyes, and I know there's a lot of pressure on you. I know you have so many expectations to meet up to.

Now every time I see you, my jaw drops.
You are skin and bones, and I'm actually concerned.
I want to be there for you so badly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know who you're talking about. I think all of her boy problems kind of got her there, cause I remember she was always having boy drama when I knew her :/ But yeah, assuming I'm correct, I've seen her and she's gotten so skinny...

Molli said...

are you talking about my cousin?

Michael Fitzgerald said...

yeah.. i am

Molli said...

hmm