Thursday, May 7, 2009

You'll forget who, or how, or why, or when

I have come to a conclusion.

I am always trying to change people. I am beyond tired of all of your materialistic views on everything. I understand, having nice things, it's great. I love it too. Have those nice things, love those nice things. But I do not understand letting it become your whole life. It's things like that, that make me want to bust into peoples minds and try to change it up. I am always trying to fix their problems. I try to make living examples, actual occurrences, to prove to them that they're wrong. And it's wrong. It's so wrong of me. I'm always trying to show them a better way of living. I always view myself as superior. I look at myself, and am proud of my way of living, and start to think everyone should feel like I feel. Everyone should live like me. But really, you can't ever change anybody. You cannot change somebodies culture or their way of seeing things.

And so this time it's going to be different.
This time there isn't going to be a big mess of an ending.
This time I'm not going to point out to you that your way of living is wrong.
I'm just going to chose to not be a part of it.

1 comment:

The truth shall set you free said...

Amen to that... wow, I feel just like you , i have come to the conclusion that some folks are just emotionally RETARDED and no matter what you do or what you say if they can not see it then they will never see the big picture. As for changing people, it will never happen until they have embraced and have accepted the problem and only then will they be open to help with regards to change. Fixing problems let me tell you. I find myself helping others all the time and all though I don’t mind it because I find pleasure in others happiness. That happiness turns into anger when I have invested time into helping them just so they can do the same thing again. Bogus, so I totally feel what you’re saying.