Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The low fuel lights been on for days, doesn't mean anything

I live for nights like last night.
I love making weekdays feel like weekends. I love road trips, even if it was just to Portland.

Red, yellow, and green lights shining through the car.
Headlights passing by, projected on our faces.
Music blasting, feeling the bass.
Eye contact through rear view mirrors.
Telling stories and talking about nothing to pass time.
All the things we bought sitting in the back seat.
And knowing that we're on our own. It's true that once you start driving, the world feels like it's yours. It was my first road trip with my car, and it feels like I'm unlimited on the places I can go.

I love looking for nothing but adventure. I love the small things that give me such a big rush. I take back complaining about my job and how much time it takes up, because it makes my free time with my friends so much better than it was before. And it helped me with things that I would never be able to achieve in the past.

1 comment:

Kai said...

"I live for nights like last night. I love making weekdays feel like weekends."
I couldn't agree more; the best times are when the weekdays feel like weekends.