Sunday, January 4, 2009

Loves gonna get you down

Ever since thanksgiving my brother has "completely fallen" for this girl, Amanda. I guess because she's different from any other girl he's been with. My brothers a socialite, a partier, a drinker, and usually just hooks up with girls and doesn't stay with them. I guess he was happy that this time it was real. I'm guessing she was a bit of a symbol of him trying to settle down. At least for a while I think he wanted to have some commitment and something that would break free from a lifestyle where you're only with the girl for a night.

But when winter break started he found out she doesn't want to be with him anymore. She doesn't want to be in a relationship. She just wants to be friends. Whatever thing they had going, she ended out of nowhere. And so all break, every god damn night, he's out at the house all depressed. And it's really frustrating to watch. Love does that to a person. Sometimes, whatever common sense you have in your mind is thrown out when you love someone. I listened to him talking to my dad in the living room every night and he kept saying things like, "Maybe she still wants me back." And he came in to my room just about every other hour, begged for my laptop, so he could catch her while she was on facebook. It really was just becoming an obsession.

For a while, I thought maybe she really is leading him on, and that's why he won't let go. But tonight the talk in the living room with my dad was different. I heard him use the word "closure" and heard him say "this is just how it is now. were just friends now"

Me being the lurker that I am, I logged onto his facebook when he left the house. I've known his password for everything ever since I was in middle school. And I feel guilty that I did this, but that's how I've always been. I'm a very nosey person.

The IM box with Amanda was still there.
He kept saying things like
"I just wanna talk about whats going on.. one more time.. just so I can get this straight.."

You could tell she wasn't paying much attention to the conversation because after everything he would send you'd see, "Amanda just wrote on someones wall"

"I just dont know what went wrong"
And she told him,
"I dont know what you understand. We've talked about this multiple times.. Last time we talked about it, it was about a 2 hour long conversation. I really thought we set things straight. I think you're a cool guy, but I just don't want anything right now"

He said something like "Maybe we have a chance in the future?"
"Yeah! Maybe! I'll let you know :)"

She says it as if it's something so casual.
And then she did the worst thing she could do, switch topics. But not only did she switch topics, but she switched to asking him if he could get her and her friends alcohol. She's a year away from being able to do that on her own.

But he didn't reply to that, he kept going on and on and on about how he wants her back. She ignored everything he typed, and asked again. I really don't like her. When looking at her page she seemed like a really annoying girl. The type of girl that considers herself crazy and outgoing because she is loud and talks with a high pitch voice. The type of girl that enjoys what she's doing to Matthew because she likes the attention. But I mean, that's coming from me, the most judgemental person you'll come across.

The conversation ended terribly.
"Okay well I'm glad we had this talk, and yeah, I'll get you and your friends drinks for Friday night. I just hope you know that you're such an amazing girl and I really think you're great.. I just wish things would of worked"
"Haha yeah you're okay, I guess... Just kidding. Jk"

And then she signed off.

This is living proof of the power love has over people.
Living proof that people abuse that power.

And proof that sometimes love, can hurt more than hate.

1 comment:

Cammisha said...

"This is living proof of the power love has over people.
Living proof that people abuse that power.

And proof that sometimes love, can hurt more than hate"

I love that! It's so perfect exactly what this post is saying.