Friday, January 16, 2009

Have you completely lost your mind?

I don't know exactly what it is that brings out this monster in me when I'm around my dad. But I can't stop it. It's like I have turrets, really. I can never keep the words from coming out of my mouth. About 4 out of 5 of my posts on here talk about anger towards my dad, and that definitely shows something. The truth is, the only time I start to get angry with him is when I run into any conflict, or when I don't get what I want. I just want everything to go the way I want it, and don't care about the rest.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. How terrible of me.
Oh, I know. I'm so heartless..

He's taking everything away from me. Having my license has been one the biggest excitements through out all of high school. But what do I do with it when my dad won't let me take the car? I trick, and find a way out of everything with him. Yeah, he took my phone, but I still steal it out of his bedroom everyday. Yeah he's taking my laptop, but there's the downstairs computer too. But the car, I really can't cheat my way out of. I guess that's one reason I want to actually do better in school, so I can have the car.

Tonight I told off myself a little bit more than I told off him.
And I didn't even mean to. That's what happens when you talk before you think. I just spit out the truth.

"I want you to do better in school. Until then, I'm not gonna let you do anything.So if this is what you want, then have fun with it, buddy! Get your grades up and then we'll talk. I want you to prove to me that you can do better first."

(I absolutely hate when he talks in his sarcastic voice and calls me buddy)

"I'm going to get my grades up. But not for you. I don't care what you want, I don't care what you think, and I don't care if you think I'm a failure. In the end all I care about is what I want, what I need, and how I can help myself. How I can make myself proud."

"So really you don't care about anyone else? You don't care about making me proud? Or about lying to me when you say you're going to do better?"

"I don't. I really, really don't."

"Well then I can actually say you're the most selfish person that I know. That doesn't sound like a happy life to me. How can you be happy if you don't make the people around you happy? You never come into the living room to talk with me and Susan when we're out here. You just stay in your room, why is that?"

"If I come out there you know it's going to be fake. I'm just going to be out there because I know that's what you want me to do. How could you enjoy me being there, talking to you, if you know I'm just there because it's what you expect me to do? Why would I go out there at all?"

"I don't know.. So we could get to know each other?"

I guess he really doesn't ask that much from me.. But why do I have so much anger?
I guess this is why he wants to get me counseling.

No comments: