Tuesday, September 16, 2008

But my thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth

I guess everyone was right. And I knew they were right.
Blocking things out is actually worse than dealing with the situation when it's right in front of your face.

I guess it all caught up with me tonight.

I'm really bad at handling my anger when I'm at home.
My dad did my laundry tonight and shrunk some of my clothes. I got mad because he said he wouldn't pay me back for the clothes he shrunk. But when he left the house to go on a walk I realized how ridiculous I was being. It's not like he meant to. I do my own laundry most of the time because it bothers me when anybody else does it. He was just trying to do a favor for me. He didn't know he should of washed it with cold water. He was just trying to be nice. I felt like I was 13 years old complaining about my dad shrinking a couple shirts that I've only worn once.

By the time he got home from his walk, he told me he'll pay for them. But by then, I didn't even want him to. I think he knew the reason I overreacted was because of something else. But he didn't ask. He just gave me that look. The look that was saying, "Are you alright?" So I just told him I'm fine, and told him he doesn't have to pay.

It really wasn't about my dad. It wasn't about the shirt.

What it's about is seeing you guys at lunch and knowing that you're probably laughing about who I'm with, and talking about how different I am now. And what it's about is how I shouldn't be doing this, and I should just accept the small problems going on. It's about how I have so many people that care about me, but I don't know how to accept it. I need to make up my mind about what I want to do.

No comments: