Monday, September 29, 2008

Maybe we'll turn it all around

"You seem real unhappy lately"
"Well I'm doing just fine"
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"Just tell me what's wrong"
"Nothing, don't worry about it"
"Whenever you come home you go straight to your room, and then I see you the next day for a little bit and I can hardly even get a word out of you"
"I'm just tired by the end of the day"
"Something's wrong whether you want to admit it to me or not. But how are you gonna fix things if you don't let anyone in?"

I know I should probably open up to you more dad. But you give me the typical "dad advice" I've heard it all before. Yeah, yeah, yeah, "You'll find better people." And yeah, okay, "You're a strong person. It's just your age. It's a tough age."

Dad. I'm sorry, but nothing you're saying is anything I haven't heard before.

And mom..

"All you need to do is find what makes you comfortable"
"Yeah but.. right now, I'm not really sure what makes me comfortable"

Mom, I'm finding all different ways, and all different people to make me comfortable and distract me from everything that's fucked up right now. I keep throwing down everything everyone has to say to me and they usually just end up saying, "Well.. I don't know what else to say."

There really isn't anything else to say.
And I guess to fix myself, I'm gonna need to let people help me a little.
I can't be independent forever.

I've never been asked "Are you okay?" As many times as I have today.

No comments: