Monday, August 31, 2009

I believe in moving on

And what she said to you is right,

"There are over eight billion people in the world. Do not settle for someone who hurts you like that. Because really, you have over eight billion other people to treat you right."

Cameron's words still always stick in the back of my mind. And I haven't gone back and read it again until tonight. He taught me, and pushed me, to move on from everyone that needed to be let go of.

"People die so many times in their lifetime.

The terrible tragedy of life is that people change, and no one wants to accept it. I miss a lot of things, I miss certain moments and people I have had in my life. Sometimes you have to beat yourself to move on from things, and you have to beat yourself just so you don't feel that pain of loss ever again. We lose people more often than people think, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. And we always have to keep moving."

I know it's hard at first, but it gets easier.
I'm happy for you.. Because you're not settling with someone who is reckless with your emotions. And with everbody I have ever walked away from, always in the back of my mind, there was the question, "Did I really need to do this?" But with time you realize how right it was to do. For not just you, but the both of you. It's just hard to see through because we never wanted it to happen in the first place.

No comments: