Monday, August 17, 2009

Exit Here by Jason Myers

"No, Travis. You don't confront people about things that are out of your control. You bury it inside, and move the fuck on. That's how you deal with shit. It makes you stronger. I'll never be weak like my mother."

"Laura."
"What?"
"We're all fucking weak."
She says, "Just call me a cab."


"This is it son. The future, your future. Just do what I ask of you and listen to me. Quit fighting me."
"I'm not fighting you dad. I'm fighting myself."


"I need her back, Michael."
"No you don't"
"Yes I do. I have to have something again."
"You already have it all, Travis. Everything. What more could you want?"
"I want to go back."
"Why"
"Because it's the only thing I know."


"My slate will never be wiped clean- This will never fade into the background and become some sort of learning experience or bump in the road. The shit that happened in my life is real. And because I finally woke up to that whole realization much too late- the realization that life really happens and there is always a consequence for your actions- I lost everything, in some sense, but in a weird kind of way, if you flip it all around, I may have gained the most important thing of all: The truth. I can live with that"


Enter apathy.

No comments: