Saturday, October 13, 2007

Enjoying the small things

I was just on the phone with my mom. And we were talking. About the way I live. And about how the only time that I actually feel bliss is when so many big, great things are going on. And how I'm always looking for something extreme. And how I never really take time to enjoy the small things. And how sometimes the small things, are the things that make us the happiest, the things that make us who we are, the things that really matter.

I think I've gone over this before but I don't think anybody really knows how to 'live their life to the fullest'

So many people state that they live every moment to the fullest, and that they are completely satisfied with everything going on in their life. And maybe they are! And I hope they are! But I don't think they really know how to actually LIVE to the fullest. I'm not going to say I know how. Because I don't. But I'm slowly trying to figure out how to. And you might stop reading here because you probably think this all sounds so cliche. But it really is something to think about. I think that despite what bad is going on in your life, despite all of the things going wrong, you should always use the small things in life to keep you motivated, and to keep you going. What are the small things in life that are the greatest? Sitting with your friend, talking about everything or nothing at all, or going on drives blasting your favorite band and having a destination of no where.

I think that the moments where absolutely NOTHING matters, are the moments you should take advantage of. You know what I'm talking about. The moments where you're with your friends having the time of your life. Even if you guys aren't doing anything great. When nothing is on your mind except for how much you care about the people you're with, and how much fun you're having. Or the times when you lay in your bed, And you think back on the day, and you have nothing more to worry about because the day is over. Or the times when you look back at everything and feel so infinite, so complete, so full. I think THAT'S the feeling of living. It seems like when people think 'live your life to the fullest' they think, if you're not constantly happy, if you're not constantly doing something AMAZING then you're not living it to the fullest. You're never going to have constant happiness. Nobody does. Nobody will. That's just the way it works out. Stuff happens, things get hard, but you take the small things and use them to make you better. No, you don't always have to be doing something amazing to be living. All that matters is if you're happy. All you have to feel, is complete. And that's when you're really alive. You just have to find the things that make you complete. And stick with it. Even if it does require some change in your life. Even if it's the SMALLEST things that seem to do that to you. And I know I'm starting to sound like I'm repeating myself, and this all might be confusing to you, and it probably doesn't make sense. But I'm trying to put it all into words. And it's really not easy.

I guess that's all I can say about 'living'. We over look the small things, and we look for the big, adventurous things, because we think the big things are our entrance to happiness. You don't have to have a million people in your life to be happy. You don't have to do the most adventurous things, you don't have to always be extreme. It's nice to just relax, and not set such high expectations for the way you live. It's all your decision. I really don't think people think about that. I hope I'm making sense to you. I hope you understand what I'm saying. And I really hope you guys learn something from this. Create your own happiness. Only YOU know what really makes you complete. Stop looking for so much, and enjoy the little things that are in your world.

No comments: