Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just get back up when it knocks you down

Things are better than they have ever been before. And I really mean that. Before, I'd always talk about how much I wanted change, and how many things I wanted to change. Before, I had nothing to prove. I had nothing to back up what I said. But I really do now.

There is an endless list of things that I want to happen, and things that are going to happen with in the next three months, and I love having so much to look forward to. Every day. There is always something to look ahead at.
While I'm working I think about how nice it's going to be when I get home, and I just start working harder. When I get home I get all my papers done, because I know it's going to feel good turning it in the next day.

I went to dinner tonight with Erick, Bryant, Avieta, and Syd. And right afterwards went to work. It's my first job, and I love it. I love this week so much. Every day has felt like a Friday and tonight so much happened that I am more than happy about. Tonight I got my first pay check. Tonight my good grades came in the mail. Tonight I got a message that I've been waiting to get for the past five months. And now I have the night to lay on the couch in the basement with blankets and food, study, and watch movies until I pass out. And tomorrow, breakfast with everbody before first period. I love having this feeling of back up. And knowing I always have something, or someone to fall back on. I haven't felt like this for a while.

This is what I wanted. That real, genuine happiness.
And man, it comes at you fast sometimes.
I'm growing into a more independent, happy person.
And I'm loving every second of this wonderful, hectic, life.

No comments: