Sunday, March 29, 2009

Free fallin, fallin'

It's a really good feeling having my mom in town. I loved being in Idaho. It's such an escape. With no cell phone service, no computer, and no way of getting a hold of anybody, it's such a perfect time to do whatever "self repair" is needed.

And although it was only a week, I came back changed. Like always.

Today was so good. It started out with a cup of coffee, and a haircut. I loved today because for the first time in a long time, I saw David happy. And really happy. It felt so good having my car back. And I really loved going around town trying to find the perfect gift for David. I would've spent all of the money I had in my wallet on him, if I knew what else to get him. I went to dads for a little, and talked with him, and watched Susan talk to Dustin on Skype. Dad was on the boarder line of drunk. Dad never drinks. But it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. We're getting along so well. What I loved, was being able to walk away from the house, and drive to another house where my mom was. It felt unreal.

Saying, "I'll see you tomorrow."
Hearing, "It was nice to see you again."
Feeling like I was independent.
Hearing mom say, "I'll see you soon."
I'm not used to any of this.

And knowing that Mom, Walt, David, and Alyssa were waiting for me at Davids house with a freezer full of ice cream, and a DVD. Every one's asleep right now and I just want to go wake all of them up. My mom's still here, and I already miss her. I just wish it was always like this.

No comments: