Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Don't waste your time with politics

If I'm standing by people, I am always eavesdropping. No matter how uninteresting they are, I can't help but to listen. I know people in my photography class. People in that class know me. But I don't talk to any of them. None of them talk to me. I guess I'm bad at that sort of thing. The whole, talking to old friends thing. After you stop talking for a couple years, things are just straight up awkward. Because of course you both are different people now. It ends up being the both of you regathering memories, or talking about the people you spend your time with now, or talking about other people. Because that's the easiest thing you can do when you don't know what else to say. Say something about someone else. I'm getting off subject from what I was trying to say. But basically, I don't talk to anybody in that class.

Today, while I was sitting at my table, I listened in on the sophomores that sit at the table next to me while I was putting my photo book together. They kept talking about how much "Drama" they have in their life. How much they hate "Drama." How she called her this. And he said this. And How pissed they were. How life sucks. And "I just want to go to a school with no drama."

And I couldn't help but laugh. These sophomores sitting next to me, with their eyes glued to their phones, and their excessive gum popping, don't seem to understand how ridiculous they sound. There's a fine line between life's consequences, and problems that you create on your own. And then I think, they don't realize how boring their life would be with out it. And then I listen to table to the other side of me, and I hear two girls talking about school. And their honors classes. And how much time it takes up. And all the work they have to get done. And it hit me that with out chaos, we would have absolutely nothing. And in reality, nobody really wants it to go away. No one wants their stress to be gone, or their lives fixed, or their problems gone.

Because then what would they have left? Just the big, scary unknown.

No comments: