Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Love is eternal. Family is forever." - Sam Baltzer

Tonight Susan, my dad, Matthew, and I went to Beau Baltzers memorial service. And it was really hard. It was really touching. And it was very real more than anything else. It was so hard watching his family during the service. I didn't know him very well. But my brother Matthew at one point was close friends with him. Beau was out at our house a lot when him and my brother were friends. I don't remember it, but he was around.

I've grown up going to the same schools as Abbie. And we haven't really talked since eighth grade, but seeing her tonight hurt so much. Her words towards Beau were so heavy. So powerful. You could hear the pain in her voice. And the stories they told, made you feel like you've known Beau your whole life. I haven't cried as much as I did, in such a long time. At one point, Beau's brother Chris talked about how much we communicate through technology. We say it through texts, we say it through myspace, we say it through the phone. But we don't say "I love you" enough to the people that we really love. So he said, "Beau, let me say it to you face to face. I love you."

And chills ran through me.

All the pictures that were displayed, all the songs that were played, all the words that were said, meant so much. The room was packed full of people that Beau has made an impact on. Even when all the seats were filled, any empty spots were covered with more people sitting on the floor. Every single person in there, was there for him. And you could feel the love. I wish he knew he was cared for. I wish he knew he wasn't alone..

It's really scary how fast things like this happen.
And I can't imagine how hard it would be to experience a loss like that.
To lose somebody that amazing. But he will always be remembered. And he went down with such a great reputation attached to him.

Stay strong, Baltzer family.
And Rest In Peace, Beau.

No comments: