Monday, June 8, 2009

So keep the blood in your head, and keep your feet on the ground

I ran into you today. And of course once again, it was such a weird feeling.
It's not awkward. No.. it never gets to that point. It would never be able to be like that between us, even if we don't know each other now. But it sort of messes with my mind. Half of our childhood was spent together.

When our friendship turned into you calling me back once a week, it always sounded like pitty. You were sorry for leaving me in the dust but I was never angry. It was what it was and I still cared about you. I wasn't upset. I wasn't upest. I wasn't upset. And I'd like for you to know that. I know you didn't know how to find an escape. I know you didn't know how to save yourself.

I'll remember the younger versions of ourselves.





And I will remember you before all of this



I'm not upset with what you've become. Or the things you've done.
I'm not upset that the drugs took over.

No comments: