Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just one second

It's so strange that I ran into you today.
And it's strange that I wouldn't of ran into you if I had left my house just a couple seconds later.

When I left my house and started walking towards dari mart to get my sierra mist, I realized about ten seconds after I left that I forgot to lock the door, so I went back and locked it, and then kept walking. But right once I entered the parking lot, you were just getting into your car. I never saw you, but you saw me. I was sort of freaked out when someone yelled my name. But I was so shocked to see it was you. The last time I saw you was when I was seven years old. Or around there. It wasn't awkward at all. In fact, it was really nice talking to you.

The weird thing is, you were just about to shut your door and drive off.
That ten seconds that it took me to go back and lock the door, lined everything up.
I think if I never came into the parking lot at that second, I never would of talked to you today. Basically, if I left just a couple seconds later, you would have already driven off. And if I would of left earlier, I probably would of walked right past you in Dari Mart.

I'm so glad I saw you. I've been waiting to talk to you for years.

This whole thing just proves how time works everything out.
Everything is connected by time. One second can change everything.

"I'm probably over thinking this whole situation."
"You are."

NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

No comments: