Thursday, April 29, 2010

Devil in the Details

A house of cards, a supple heart
Is not a place to dwell.


Now you have your cake. Don’t hesitate.
Come on just do it,
Come on just do it

Put it in your mouth
There is only now
Tomorrow has to wait

But know there’s no backing out
This is gonna be reality
You can never dream it down


I have no way
Of telling the two apart


Well I made amends, in the general sense
With the devil’s in the details

And I know the cause, and I want to stop
But I can’t do it
I just can’t do it


There was love I meant
There were accidents
So tell me which is which

‘Cus I just can’t work it out
But for memory and clarity
We had better write it down

I have no way
Of knowing the truth
Which time dissolves

I put the past into the ground
I saw the future as a cloud

If theres still time to turn around
Im going to

Its just one day I fell asleep
And now all day all night I dream
I am the first one I deceive

If I can make myself believe
The rest is easy…

No comments: