Monday, April 19, 2010

Take it easy, love nothing.

'Now they're spreading out the blankets on the beach
That weatherman's a liar, he said it'd be raining
But it's clear and blue as far as I can see.

Left by the lamp, right next to the bed
On a cartoon cat pad, she scrached with a pen:
"Everything is as it's always been, this never happened.
Don't take it too bad, it's nothing you did,
just once something dies, you can't make it live.

You're a beautiful boy, you're a sweet little kid
But I am a woman"

So I laid back down, wrapped myself up in the sheets
And I must have looked like a ghost
Because something frightened me
And since then I've been so good at vanishing


Now I do as I please, and I lie through my teeth
Someone might get hurt, but it won't be me
Should probably feel cheap, but I just feel free
And a little bit empty


Now it isn't so hard to get close to me
There'll be no arguments, we'll always agree
And I try to be kind when I ask you to leave
We'll both take it easy.

If you stay to long inside my memory
I will trap you in a song tied to a melody
And I'll keep you there so you can't bother me.'

No comments: